[Posted 13 June 2013 by Kathy Yale]
IC3 certification is one of the best ways to promote computer literacy. Candidates who want to prepare for IC3 certification must study for a test that assesses the individual’s knowledge. There are many test preparation materials available, but Total Seminars provides IC3 preparation and exam vouchers that are a cost-effective way to gain this valuable certification.
Why Should I Seek IC3 Certification?
IC3 stands for Internet and Computing Core Certification. This certification documents computer literacy skills and never expires. Once an individual receives IC3 certification, he or she can use that certification for the rest of their career.
IC3 assesses several aspects of computer and Internet literacy, including:
• How computers work. The test covers basic functions of computers such as CPU, RAM and other designations of memory and operations.
• How to work within the Windows operating system. IC3 certification focuses on Windows as an operation system and covers the basic functions of manipulating files and data with Windows OS.
• Basic operation of Office applications. IC3 tests an individual’s ability to use Office applications effectively at a basic level.
• Networking. IC3 tests the applicant’s knowledge of networking basics such as how networks are constructed, connectivity issues and types of network configurations.
• Electronic communication. IC3 assesses knowledge of email and other forms of electronic communication using basic programming skills.
• The Internet. The IC3 exam covers basics of how the Internet is structured, computer language used in Internet applications and basic manipulation of web site structures.
Who Accepts IC3 Certification?
All jobs with exposure to computer systems demand the skills tested by IC3. Many employers are recognizing IC3 certification as a good way to screen potential employees for job-ready skills. If a job candidate has IC3 certification, the employer already knows that he or she has a basic understanding of programming and operations of computer systems that will serve the company well.
The potential to obtain a job is not the only reason to seek IC3 certification, however. IC3 certification can be a first step to achieving higher-level computer certifications and credentials. Individuals who successfully pass MOS, CompTIA, Strata, CompTIA A+ and other certification tests often begin with IC3 certification.
Not only does passing the test give a candidate a valuable certification, it can also inspire him or her to seek higher goals in professional training and testing.
What Does the IC3 Exam Look Like?
The IC3 exam consists of three test sections. Each section contains 45 multiple choice questions. The four sections are:
• Computing Fundamentals
• Key Applications
• Living Online
Candidates have 45 minutes to complete each section. The passing scores for each section are, out of 1,000 points each:
• Computing Fundamentals, 800
• Key Applications, 750
• Living Online, 660
How Can I Prepare for IC3 Testing?
Seeking IC3 Certification can be the first step in a lucrative and satisfying computer career. Total Seminars offers preparation materials that are easy to use and fully prepare candidates for the IC3 exam. Total Seminars also includes testing vouchers so that candidates can take the IC3 test at their own convenience. Support is available for students that will help them understand the material and feel confident when they take the IC3 Certification exam.