Total Tester has a known issue with the interface becoming distorted on a HighDPI system such as the Microsoft Surface. This is caused by the stable public versions of Java not supporting these types of screens yet. The upcoming Java 9 has support for the HighDPI screens and is currently available as an Early Access Release.
If you are experiencing this distorted interface problem on your system. You can use these following steps to install and run Total Tester on top of Java 9.
WARNING: Installing Java 9 Early Access Release might break existing software and/or introduce security vulnerabilities onto your computer.
- Download the Windows 32-bit JRE installer from https://jdk9.java.net/download/
- Install the Java 9 Early Access Release you just downloaded
- Download and install Total Tester for Java 9 if you are using the premium (purchased)
version of Total Tester.
- Download and install Total Tester Demo for Java 9 if you are using the demo (such as the copy that came with your book) version of Total Tester.
- Launch Total Tester with the newly created Total Tester for Java 9 shortcuts.